It’s daunting enough to keep track of all the new movies on Netflix NFLX each day, each week, each month–to the point where you don’t even consider the movies that are leaving. During the course of March, dozens of movies will exit the Netflix platform, many of which before you even realize they’re gone.
So what movies do you want to catch before they disappear from Netflix by the end of March? In this article, I’ll cover your ten best options. From Oscar winners to wacky comedies to epic adventures, there are options on this list that will suit everybody’s taste. And at the end of the article, you can find a full list of every movie leaving Netflix this month.
If you’re interested in reading my weekly-updated all-time movie rankings, check them out here.
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-2003)
The Lord of the Rings trilogy, directed by Peter Jackson, is a cinematic masterpiece that transports viewers to the fantastical world of Middle-earth. Starring Elijah Wood as Frodo Baggins, Ian McKellen as Gandalf, and Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn, the epic tale follows a group of unlikely heroes on a perilous quest to destroy the One Ring and defeat the dark lord Sauron. With stunning visuals, a captivating storyline, and an incredible ensemble cast, the Lord of the Rings franchise is a timeless classic that continues to captivate audiences around the world.
Your last day to watch The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King is March 31, 2023.
Molly’s Game (2017)
Molly's Game is a thrilling drama directed by Aaron Sorkin, based on the true story of Molly Bloom, portrayed by Jessica Chastain. After suffering a career-ending injury, Molly becomes a successful and notorious underground poker game organizer for Hollywood celebrities, business tycoons, and the Russian mob. Her world is turned upside down when she is arrested by the FBI, and her only hope lies in her unconventional lawyer, played by Idris Elba. With stunning performances and Sorkin's signature sharp writing, Molly's Game is a must-see film about power, risk, and redemption.
Your last day to watch Molly’s Game is March 31, 2023.
The Imitation Game (2014)
The Imitation Game is a biographical drama film directed by Morten Tyldum and starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley, and Matthew Goode. Set during World War II, the movie tells the story of Alan Turing, a brilliant mathematician and cryptanalyst who helps crack the German Enigma code, thus hastening the end of the war. Cumberbatch delivers a stunning performance as Turing, portraying his genius, vulnerabilities, and tragic fate with remarkable depth and sensitivity. Knightley and Goode also shine as Turing's colleagues and confidants. The film is a moving tribute to a little-known hero whose legacy resonates to this day.
Your last day to watch The Imitation Game is March 27, 2023.
Top Gun (1986)
Top Gun is an action drama film directed by Tony Scott. The movie revolves around Maverick (Tom Cruise), a reckless yet talented Navy pilot who is sent to the prestigious "Top Gun" school. There, he competes against fellow pilots, including his rival Iceman (Val Kilmer), while also falling for his instructor, Charlie (Kelly McGillis). With adrenaline-pumping aerial scenes and a memorable soundtrack, "Top Gun" is a must-watch classic that showcases Cruise's electric star power and Scott's unique visual touches.
Your last day to watch Top Gun is March 31, 2023.
Big Daddy (1999)
Big Daddy is a heartwarming comedy directed by Dennis Dugan and starring Adam Sandler as Sonny Koufax, a slacker who unexpectedly becomes the legal guardian of a young boy named Julian, played by Dylan and Cole Sprouse. As Sonny tries to teach Julian important life lessons, he learns some valuable ones himself, ultimately becoming a better person. With hilarious moments and touching performances, Big Daddy is a must-watch film for anyone looking for a good laugh and an honest story.
Your last day to watch Big Daddy is March 31, 2023.
Croupier is a neo-noir thriller directed by Mike Hodges that follows Jack Manfred (Clive Owen), a struggling writer who takes a job as a croupier in a London casino to make ends meet. As he becomes more immersed in the world of gambling, Jack is tempted by the seductive power of the casino and the mysterious allure of a femme fatale gambler (Alex Kingston). With its stylish visuals and Owen's captivating performance, Croupier is a gripping exploration of the dangers of obsession and the blurred lines between reality and fiction.
Your last day to watch Croupier is March 25, 2023.
Forrest Gump (1994)
Forrest Gump, directed by Robert Zemeckis, is an iconic film that follows the life of a simple-minded but kind-hearted man named Forrest Gump, played by Tom Hanks. With exceptional performances by Robin Wright as his childhood sweetheart Jenny, and Gary Sinise as Lieutenant Dan, Forrest's Vietnam War buddy, the movie takes the audience on a journey through the transformative events of the 20th century. It's a tale of love, loss, and triumph, that showcases the power of hope, perseverance, and the human spirit.
Your last day to watch Forrest Gump is March 31, 2023.
Directed by Jim Henson and starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly, Labyrinth is a visually stunning and imaginative film that follows teenager Sarah as she journeys through a fantastical maze to rescue her baby brother from the clutches of the Goblin King. With its unforgettable creatures, iconic music, and charming performances, Labyrinth is a beloved classic that continues to captivate audiences of all ages.
Your last day to watch Labyrinth is March 31, 2023.
Raw is a French-Belgian horror film directed by Julia Ducournau that tells the story of a vegetarian veterinary student named Justine, played by Garance Marillier, who undergoes a disturbing transformation after being forced to eat raw meat during a hazing ritual at her veterinary school. The film is a visceral and unsettling exploration of desire, identity, and the primal instincts that lurk within us all. Marillier delivers a powerful and haunting performance in this provocative and boundary-pushing film.
Your last day to watch Raw is March 31, 2023.
Brokeback Mountain (2005)
Brokeback Mountain is a poignant and powerful film directed by Ang Lee that explores the secret and forbidden love between two cowboys, played by Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal. Set against the breathtaking backdrop of the Wyoming mountains, the film is a beautifully crafted meditation on desire, masculinity, and the cost of denying one's true nature. Ledger and Gyllenhaal give unforgettable performances that make the film a landmark in LGBTQ cinema and a testament to the power of love.
Your last day to watch Brokeback Mountain is March 31, 2023.
Every movie leaving Netflix in March 2023
Note: The dates mark your final days to watch these movies.
- March 17: All I Wish (2017); Lu Over the Wall (2017); XV: Beyond the Tryline (2016)
- March 20: Antoine Griezmann: The Making of a Legend (2019)
- March 22: Secret Superstar (2017)
- March 23: Three Thieves (2019)
- March 24: Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Scroll (2016)
- March 25: Birdshot (2016); Croupier (1998); Elizabeth and Margaret: Love and Loyalty (2020); Therapy (2020); The Hatton Garden Job (2018); Tudum 2022: A Global Fan Event (2022)
- March 26: Ankhon Dekhi (2013); Dedh Ishqiya (2014); Ishq Vishk (2003); Jab We Met (2007); Mann (1999); Manorama Six Feet Under (2007); Stunt School (2019); Welcome (2007)
- March 27: The Imitation Game (2014); Pope Francis: A Man of His Word (2018)
- March 31: 21 (2008); 30 Minutes or Less (2011); A Sort of Family (2017); Akbar Birbal (2019); Bal Ganesh (2019); Big Daddy (1999); Brokeback Mountain (2005); Daddy Day Camp (2007); Daddy Day Care (2003); Daddy’s Little Girls (2007); Forrest Gump (1994); G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009); Grease (1978); I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (2007); It (2017); Labyrinth (1986); Made of Honor (2008); Minority Report (2002); Molly’s Game (2017); Monsters vs. Aliens (2009); Oblivion (2013); Penguins of Madagascar (2014); Pinky Memsaab (2018); Raw (2016); RV (2006); Seabiscuit (2003); Seven Pounds (2008); Small Chops (2020); Tabula Rasa (2017); The American Game (2019); The Aviator (2004); The Bye Bye Man (2017); The F**k-It List (2019); The Interview (2014); The Little Vampire (2017); The Longest Yard (2005); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (2001); The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003); The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002); The Trap (2017); Top Gun (1986); Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011); Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009); Tree House Tales (2019); Tyler Perry’s I Can Do Bad All by Myself (2009); Unknown (2011); Zathura: A Space Adventure (2005)